Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/11/11



5/11/2011
Tuesday i visited a OG juice bar/market/nursery in Woodstock under the advisement of our chef and purchased a dozen or so flats of replacement seedlings. Grateful they could provide help; accomplished their seedlings weren't as nice as mine were. Glad to know that though they're gone,, I done good. I collected the seeds I had and purchased a few more big seeds (cucurbits, corn, beans & peas); easily soaked & quick to sprout. So I'm only really set back a week or two in the growing season. Of the seeds that perished, many were slow growers (peppers, cilantro, collard greens, marigolds). The nursery was able to supply all these. Problem solved.

That's relieving. My job here is to produce food for the kitchen to feed to the guests. My mission is faceted:
-to produce more veges, herbs, & cut flowers than ever here... with greater variety
-to feed the soil for next year by growing as many legumes as possible, composting, and mulching the rows with leaves and straw
-and to master hot summer solanaceae
I'm sure I'll add more to the list. For now, these keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment