Friday, April 15, 2011

4/10/11 - 4/11/11


It's a bit cloudy this morning, overcast, yet the temperature's 10 degrees higher at 43. Today i plan to check out a good spot for the greenhouse. Do I put it in direct sun or at the edge of the woods? The online picture made it out to be shower curtains held together with bias tape and zippers. Though not as offensive as the compost pile sitting directly outside the new spa's window, I still don't want it to be viewed before the garden, as an obstruction.

Yesterday was a long day, though I actually didn't mind working. Hardly checked the time. I made a spot for the greenhouse by cutting a couple of overhanging limbs off a maple to reduce future shading, after the trees leaf out of course. Looks like there's the beginnings of a larger (20'x10') greenhouse, pre-existing. Staked rebar with a cinder block on each. So the much smaller 'pop-up' (4.5'x4.5') greenhouse will sure fit there. Leveled it, spread gravel with the tractor (hooray!), and spent the afternoon, into evening, collecting fallen branches for the bonfire, which raged pretty good and was pretty awesome until I took an orange ember to the right eyeball. It is bothersome but not excruciating. From time to time it will tear heavily and my right nostril runs in unison. Go figure. My weepy right side.

No comments:

Post a Comment