Monday, July 25, 2011

6/20/11


6/20/11
I've been waking up in the middle of the night pretty regular lately
I don't like it at all
Sometimes it's a mosquito
Sometimes a thunderstorm
Sometimes I have to pee
I feel wide awake and lay there wondering how I'm going to fall back asleep
Funny thing is that if I just closed my eyes I'd probably just drift off
But it doesn't feel like it so I turn the light on and stare at the ceiling
And hunt the mosquito when he flies near the light
If I actually sleep through the night, every bird in town gathers outside my window at dawn
And if the window's open, it's like being awoken by a symphony
just more psychedelic for lack of a better word
Listen to me complain about about birds
It's just that they rob me of a couple hours every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment