Saturday, February 11, 2012

2/10/12

2/10/12

Though I've had boyfriends, i haven't really been on too many dates, or 'dated' anyone for that matter. We meet, there are fireworks, and I spend every day for the next however long (usually a year and a half) until we get sick of each other. I know, unhealthy.
I have especially never had a date on the biggest date day of them all, Valentine's Day. I fact, it usually turns out to be the opposite. No dinner, no chocolates. Not even a flower picked form the neighbor's yard. Valentine's Day has been synonymous with the hoping for the smallest of appreciations for love, coupled with disaster.
OK. Once a chef boyfriend of mine prepared a V Day special served at his restaurant who's title escapes me, but was the letters in 'I love you Karin' rearranged to spell something else. Aw. I still have the menu.

This year I have a 'date'. It's planned for Tuesday, not sure if it's coincidentally Valentine's Day or his plan. Either way it's hilarious and sweet. From a third party perspective, it reeks of desperation, but not from here. What really ever looks good on paper?

My date is with the guy who pumps my gas down the street. 37, form Afghanistan, easy on the eyes, works seven days a week, and adores my fro. The night of the full moon he told me that I was his moon. I make his day when I need fuel. He actually told me to only put in $5 at a time so I'd have to come back daily. Ridiculous, but gas station cute.

Best part about this date is that we'll eat kabobs and rice from his uncle's joint in town at his gas station because he'll still be working. I'm truly not interested in having any relations beyond friendship with my Persian speaking fuel friend (I could honestly use more friends), but he thinks I'm the jam and who doesn't love a flood of positive attention and showers of compliments?

At the very least I am staying wide and clear away from relationships with dudes who fail when it comes to showing appreciation or very much at all in the area of graciousness.

I think I'll bring him a cactus for his shop window. That was he can't kill it and always be reminded of me. Heeyah.

No comments:

Post a Comment