Saturday, February 11, 2012

2/4/12

2/4/12

Remember life without cell phones? I do because i live it. After feeding the communications monster with contracts for 6 years, I went prepaid. The phone just became too much of a big deal... newer tech phones, high bills... Or I'd lose it. Once I even left my phone in the yard with sprinklers on all night. It became a responsibility that just didn't seem worth it. I figure mobile phones just aren't for me.

My first cell phone was on a family and friends plan given to me by my friends who were tired of not being able to reach me all the time. I was a late cellular bloomer. I resisted and for good reason. I couldn't see the benefit of always being available. The best thing about a cell phone back in the age of flip-phones, was being able to order food for pick up on the way home from work. Golden. Everything else could wait until I got home. Right?


I recently found myself in the same shameful situation again, friends and family tired of my always-out-of-reachness. Except there are no longer phones at home for most. So I made it a priority to step back into the new millennium and got myself and Android. It does everything I want. Pictures, email,3G, wifi, GPS, music and that cute lil green droid always on my screen. I love it.
Thank you for the motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment