Monday, September 5, 2011

7/17/11

7/17/11

I need a raise in pay... or I deserve a raise in pay. I know I cam here understanding that I would not be paid what I was worth, but instead a trade for food, lodging, and pocket $. I don't like not getting paid what I am worth... but it is a 'place of healing' in the woods, so I guess that should make up for my brokeness. But it doesn't. Watching the sunset on a rooftop in the city is pretty healing also. The freedom of my job could make up for a chunk of the imbalance in my work/pay.
I'm still asking for a raise.
I also need a wide brimmed hat.
I love armor-all tires!



7/19/11

I'm up at dawn today. Fell asleep at like 8:30 last night. Still got 9 hours in. It's so still, just the tweeting of birds in the distance, but not in sight.
Whenever I am awake this early I expect a bear to walk up on me while I'm drinking coffee on the porch. I'd hope to hear him crunching leaves and sticks on his way over; because they are so big. But I remember them being pretty silent... just kind of appearing when I've seen them in the past.
I was just inside brewing another cup when Mickey the Red came to the sliding door. He looked like he was casing the joint; likely since I had just collected the trash and set it near the door... on the inside. The slider was open like a inch, enough space to let whatever trash smell waft out but not open enough to let him squeeze in.
Usually the contents of the trash is uneventful; I compost and we rarely throe food away. But this morning there are old meatballs in the trash.
After he checks the door I hear scraping on the roof and he appears, standing on the edge of the roll-out window which he accessed from the gutter! Lil freakin' acrobat! he's balanced and trying the screen for anyway to get in! Lil' sneaky devil! And he knows I'm standing right there!
I knew that red squirrels were omnivorous, but I didn't know they ate trash until a couple of weeks ago when I left a bag of garbage on the porch and within minutes two reds were dragging lasagna layers down the stairs. I've also watched them dive in the big dumpster near the kitchen, as well as the recycle bin. Little red scavengers. I'm sure they'll get my meatballs after I throw my bag in the big dumpster. Lil cow eaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment