Monday, September 5, 2011

7/30/11

I wrote this when drunk & rocking out in July. Doesn't make it false just a lil' sloppy and dated.


7/30/11
Dear Summer,
I've been thinking , in & out, on & off, about when you were visiting we spoke of your music as metal and you said no. It honestly surprised me you didn't see it as such. Metal in definition to me is electrified thunder best played loud, that takes you on a journey, it prepares you for battle, and gives offerings to the universe. This journey creates distinction and separation from punk. And the more I listen to your music, the most I am convinced that it is most definitely metal. Sweet & healing, the most beautiful metal. Up here at the elitist healing retreat people go to great lengths and pay top dollar for a weekend of healing whether it be sight, body, or sound. All I have to do is plug in my ipod. There's something about your combination of scale, rhythm, and epic storytelling that works in me like good medicine. I never get tired of it. It tells a dufferent story every time I listen to it. Whatever the epic, I always feel assured, boosted even, at home, & at times triumphant. Thank you for your gift.
Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment